Wednesday 12 November 2014

Pastel Winter Fashion - Take Your Black and Take It Back!

Hello darlings, I hope this winter is treating you well,

Now's the time of the year when all the blogs start to go a bit christmas party crazy, and I'm no different, and I wanted to take the time to write a wee post about one of the BIG winter trends I'm loving this year.

As soon as the windows start to get a bit frosty, everyone immediately reaches for their black coats and black tights and navy, and burgundy. Now don't get me wrong, I can get down with some vampy fashion, but I am loving this winter the explosion of pastel we have seen on the fashion scene.

Baby pink is currently HUGE at the moment, and it works for even the most cautious of dresser, because it pairs so well with grey, you can get away with wearing your dark winter colours, and go for a spot of pink in a scarf or even nails.

I am absolutely in love with these pastel gloves, especially the pink and the mint, a perfect small statement to add to any outfit. Just don't pair the green with green or the pink with pink!


Baby blue also works with the pastel trend, although I find with this colour you have to go big or go home. Rock a fluffy baby blue coat like the picture above, and keep the colour a little off-looking to edge it up a bit. If you go too small or too pretty with this, it ends up looking childish.

Pair muted pastels with an all-white/cream ensemble to keep the colour the centrepiece of the outfit.

This trend is all about soft, feminine, muted colours with a cheeky edge. So think like the girl above and pair a midi skirt with a slouchy jumper and hat to juxtapose it.

I currently love these colours so much that I can see winter pastels spilling out into my home decor, especially christmassy stuff, so I'll just put in below a few pictures which have really inspired the start of my christmas bedroom decorations.


I hope you all are having a lovely week, comment down below on what you current favourite winter trend is!

Abi xx

P.s. I have a sneaking suspiscion that my love for all this stems from my love of 'Frozen', but don't tell anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment